“A Day in the Life of a Rock Climber.” ...YOU!
Learn ‘the ropes’ from a qualified area Climbing Guide. We provide all the equipment & instruction necessary for a safe, fun experience.
Devil’s Lake State Park is one of the Midwest’s best rock climbing destinations, located an hour north of Madison, WI. This park is a legendary climbing getaway. Our single-day rock climbing program is well suited for beginners and intermediate climbers alike. Whether you are trying rock climbing for the first time or looking to pursue climbing more in depth, our experienced guides will create the perfect day for your needs. AWP provides all of the gear, set up, and instruction needed for a day on the rocks.
- Orientation and hike begins at 9AM
- Morning climbing
- Hike/ Break at epic lunch spot
- Afternoon rappel and climb
- Hike back to the car at 4PM
All you have to do is get to Devil's Lake State Park, WI & bring any food that you want for the day!
What to Bring
- Hiking shoes
- Back pack
- Water bottle(s). Suggest at least a quart
- Clothing layers that can readily be added & removed for temperature changes
- Head lamp/ flashlight (spare batteries)
- Rain gear
- Towel/ spare clothes
- Snacks for between meals (easily packable for quick energy: jelly beans, gummy bears)
- Notebook/ Journal/ Pen